Search This Blog

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Chicken Cordon Bleau with a twist! Read on...


So here you have a traditional, yummy-looking chicken cordon bleau, right? Maybe not....  


I was trying to find some new and different way to prepare boneless chicken breast, and must have spent a good 30 minutes looking through one recipe after another.  Nothing was jumping out at me, so I started to think about what I might have in my fridge that I could use.  I had sliced rosemary ham and Swiss cheese, as well as some leftover spaghetti squash and that asparagus and ham risotto......  And then it hit me.

I defrosted 5 boneless chicken breasts and flattened them.  Sprinkle a little onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.  Next, lay a piece of Swiss cheese on top of each breast.








Once that is done, lay on a piece of rosemary ham. If you don't have that type of ham, use whatever you have.








Here comes the crazy idea I had....





I had a box of leftover asparagus and rosemare ham risotto that I was saving to have for lunch.  Unfortunately, or fortunately for that matter, I get a delicious lunch every day at work, so I no longer have to bring something in to eat.  So I thought, why not add the risotto to the chicken?





The only thing left to add is a sprinkle Parmesan cheese.  Then the fun part.....rolling them up.  Believe it or not, it really wasn't that hard.   Once they were rolled up, I just placed them in a foil-lined pan.  Spray the tops with some Pam.

 

                            






Then press on a mixture of 1 cup of seasoned bread crumbs, about 8-10 crushed Ritz crackers, about a 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, and about 3 tbs of  melted butter.                                      

                                 

This was such an easy dinner to prepare.  I think it took longer to defrost the chicken, than it did to put it all together!  I popped it into the oven and in about 30 minutes at 325, it was done.


So delicious....and a great way to use up my risotto!


No comments:

Post a Comment