Search This Blog

Monday, October 8, 2012

This is by far, the best Carrot Cake you will ever have!



So, I have to tell you.... I have had this recipe for probably 25 years or so.  I found it in a random cookbook and thought I would try it.  I think what attracted me most to it was the fact that you didn't need to drag the mixer out or use any extra bowls..the whole thing is mixed in the pan you cook it in.  How easy is that?  Plus, I love anything that has coconut and pineapple in it.  Wait until you see the "special" ingredient...

In a 9-inch square pan, mix the following with a fork:

1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt

Now for the special ingredient:  2 4 1/2 oz. jars of strained carrots.  Yup, baby food carrots!  How funny is that?  But trust me, they make it delish!


Next add 2/3 cup of oil, 2 eggs and 1/2 tsp of vanilla.  I usually blend these all together by using a whisker and quickly rolling the handle between the palms of my hands.  It is almost like using a mixer!



I pour this in and blend together.  Now it's time to add the yummy things.... 1 8-oz can of crushed pineapple, drained and 2/3 cup of coconut.  I also added 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts, but if your crowd doesn't like nuts, don't add them!





Now, pop it in a 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes.  I checked it at 40 minutes and it was done.  The cake tester should come out clean and the sides of the cake should be pulling away from the pan a little.



Once it has cooled, you can spread the following, yummy cream cheese frosting on top!

1 3-oz package of cream cheese. softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups confectioners' sugar




So my last little tricky tip is this.  Have you ever wondered how they made the swirls in the frosting on Entenmann's and Pepperidge Farm cakes??  Well, I'll tell you!  All you do is spread the frosting with the rounded tip of a knife, back and forth from left to right.  (don't push down too hard).  Now, take the blade side of the knife and gently drag it in the opposite direction, from top to bottom.  That's it!  If you don't like the way it looks, just spread it again from side to side and repeat dragging the knife down.


The secret is out!  Enjoy this yummy cake...






















No comments:

Post a Comment