Search This Blog

Friday, August 2, 2013

Would you believe Chicken Cupcakes???




I wanted to do something with boneless chicken breasts, and I love to roll and stuff things.... lots of things.  I had an idea of creating an individual "stuffed chicken" with it's own cranberry sauce!  How am I going to do this?  Well, to begin with,  chicken breasts are hard to keep rolled up, no matter how thin you pound them.  And, I like to put a lot of stuffing inside, which makes matters worse.  But..... I found a solution that was totally amazing and worked like a charm!  Use a large cupcake pan.  Read on!

I begin by getting my chicken ready.  Place one or two boneless chicken breasts in a ziplock bag and pound them as thin as possible.  Place the flattened chicken on paper towels while you prepare the stuffing.

Here's what I came up with for stuffing this time:



sauteed Vidalia onion
crushed garlic
fresh spinach
chopped Bella mushrooms
craisins
Parmesan cheese
Pepperidge Farm stuffing
Tarragon
olive oil
salt and pepper
pine nuts






The only ingredients that needed cooking were the onion, garlic, and the stuffing.  In one pan I saute the onion and garlic.  In another pan, I prepare 1 cup of Pepperidge Farm regular stuffing mix using the package directions.  I add some fresh parsley once the stuffing is done.


 


Using a bowl, combine all of the ingredients and drizzle with a little olive oil to moisten it.  Give it a taste to see if you would like to add anything else.  If not, you are ready to stuff and roll...


I had some leftover mashed cauliflower that was so delicious, I wanted to use it somehow, so I decided to spread some on the chicken before I added the stuffing..... brilliant, I thought (or hoped!).



Place a fair amount of stuffing on your chicken and roll it up.  Take your cupcake pan and spray each compartment with Pam.  Place the rolled chicken breast in the cup, seam side down.  When you have all six compartments filled, spray a little Pam on the tops and sprinkle with seasoned breadcrumbs.



Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.  Done.  There is just something so cool about individual serving sizes of what is usually a huge dish!  So far on my blog, I have compartmentalized lasagna and now stuffed chicken!











No comments:

Post a Comment