Search This Blog

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Chicken thighs with a few of my favorite things....




Tonight was one of those nights when I had absolutely no idea what to make for dinner, nor did I have time to do any research.  So, left to my own devices, I opened the refrigerator to see what I had to work with.  Fortunately for me, I had three ingredients that I love...goat cheese, prosciutto, and marinated artichoke hearts.  Now all I had to do is figure out how to use them....Finally the light bulb went on.  I had some frozen boneless chicken thighs that would definitely come in handy.

 


My idea seemed really easy to prepare - I just hoped it would taste good.   I started with boneless skinless chicken thighs (you could use chicken breasts if you prefer).  I cut off all the fat and laid them out flat.  Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper and salt.



The next step was to spread some goat cheese over each thigh.  Lay a piece of prosciutto over the cheese, and top with one or two artichoke hearts.


Roll them up as best you can, and place in a casserole dish, seam side down.  I wanted a topping for them, but having run out of bread crumbs a few nights ago, I had to improvise.  I did have Ritz crackers, so I crushed up on sleeve of them.  Instead of mixing in some melted butter, I decided to use some of the marinade from the artichokes.  I thought that was a pretty good idea!  I spooned a little of the marinade over each rolled up thigh, then arranged the crumbs on top.






While this was cooking in a 350 degree oven (for about 30 minutes), I needed to come up with something to go with the chicken.  Earlier that day, we had been in Costco and they were sampling this really yummy package of Madras Lentils.

Dealing with some time constraints, I needed to come up with something that I could serve with the lentils.....couscous.  Fast, easy, and delicious.  I prepare it according to the package directions, and decided it was time to plate this creation!


Well, what do you think?  Looks pretty good.  Time to take a bite.


I have to say I was quite proud of myself!  The chicken was so delicious, and the fact that I didn't actually "make" the lentils was OK, because they really were yummy.  



1 comment:

  1. looks delish...even if Artichokes are not a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete