Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Quick and easy grilled chicken dinner


Have you ever come home from work and struggled to find something to make for dinner?  Add to that the outside temperature of 95 degrees at 6:45 p.m., and your decision gets even tougher!  After pouring over countless Internet recipes, I finally decided to make up my own design.

I defrost two small packages of boneless, skinless chicken thighs and dry them off.  After adding some Caesar salad dressing, rosemary, garlic powder, salt and pepper, I set it aside to let the chicken absorb the flavors.   By now it is 7:00 and I need to hustle up.  




As time slips away, I realize a vegetable is out of the question, so I opt for a quick batch of rice pilaf.  To make this a little more interesting, I make it replacing the required water with chicken broth.  I also sprinkle in a little dried chopped onion and some butter.  

While the rice is cooking, I grill the chicken, turning frequently.  Try to keep the flames as high as possible so the chicken will cook quickly and not dry out.   It doesn't take long.

When the rice is done, I throw in a handful of sliced almonds and call it a day....  This late night dinner took all of about 45 minutes, which isn't too bad.  What's nice is the flavors were delicious and it was really easy.   Tomorrow is another day, and hopefully I will get an earlier start!


No comments:

Post a Comment