Search This Blog

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Yes, another Kale Soup



I know I have made kale soup before, but this one came out so unbelievably good and different.  The combination of the smokiness and heat of the chorizo, the wonderfully familiar flavor of sweet sausage, and the wine is what makes this one so delicious.  Here is what goes into it:

4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 onion, chopped
4 new potatoes, diced
1 pkg chorizo, diced
3 sweet Italian sausage, casings removed and cooked
1 box baby kale, cut up
1 cup white wine
2 boxes chicken broth
1 can Cannelli beans

In a large soup pot, I begin by cooking the onion, potatoes, and garlic in a little butter.  In a separate pan, I break up the sausage and cook it.  After draining off the fat, I add it to the pot, along with the chorizo and kale.  Let all that cook together for 5-10 minutes.


Now add the chicken broth and white wine and simmer on low for about 30 minutes.  Once the kale has become tender, add your beans and heat through.  Salt and pepper to taste and maybe a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and you're good to go.


Feel free to adjust any ingredients, adding more or less of whatever you would like.  I always keep extra chicken broth on hand, in case I need to increase the amount of soup! 


This blog is all about what I make for a meal each day.  It's not a traditional cooking blog where it is all about recipes, so you are going to find that I might make similar meals.  Hopefully whenever you see something I have made before, still check it out because there is probably a new twist on what I come up with!  Enjoy...




No comments:

Post a Comment