Search This Blog

Friday, December 27, 2013

Chicken Breasts stuffed with a BLT??? Absolutely!



I am always thinking about different ways to stuff a chicken breast.  I know that sounds weird, but I really don't like to be predictable, and making something over and over again gets boring!  So, one night I started to think of interesting, different things to use to stuff a chicken breast and came up with the idea of a BLT.  I thought anything tastes great when there is bacon in it, and I could use spinach leaves instead of lettuce.  What the heck....I've got nothing to lose and I won't know if it is any good unless I try it


I basically constructed this dinner as you would a BLT sandwich, except I used chicken instead of bread.  I pounded the chicken breasts nice and thin.












I then spread a little mayo on each one, and added a little salt and pepper.


















Next step is to add the spinach leaves, followed by the cut up tomatoes and crumbled bacon.  Just before rolling it up, I added a little bit of Tarragon.




You might need to use a few toothpicks to keep them rolled up.



Spray each bundle with a little vegetable oil spray and roll in some seasoned bread crumbs.  Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.  During the last 5 minutes, add a slice of Muenster cheese on top.  As soon as the cheese is melted, take out of the oven and let it sit for a couple of minutes.  Slice and serve.



Everyone raved about this dinner!  There was just something about the flavors of the bacon, spinach and tomato that really worked!  This one is definitely a keeper....

No comments:

Post a Comment