Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

This has to be the all-time winner dinner.....

So, I know I have been away for a spell.....alot has been goin on in my life, things that have just blown me away.  I believe I had a near-death experience with a cancer scare, although other people think I was worrying way too much!  I have also had some major career changes that have blown me away in a good way.... so, the emotional rollercoaster has been out of control.  And, when that happens, it rocks my whole world, including my cooking!

Anyway, I have landed on both feet and am charged up and ready to go, so look out!  tonight's dinner was a killer.  Karyl, you should start taking notes at this point!!!

Tonight?  Chicken thighs, couscous, corn, and edamames....  just wait til you see....





So you have to hear about the sauce.....it was phenominal!  No, better than that....orgasmic!  Don't know any other word to describe it!  Listen.... 3/4 cup ketchup, 1/2 cup peach mango salsa, 1/4 cup honey, 1 tbs dijon mustard, 1 tsp chili powder, and 1/2 tsp cumin... Mix together and pour over chicken, once it has been seared.  In this case, I used thighs...

Once seared, put in a 9x13 pan and spoon sauce over.  Bake at 400 for about 45 minutes.


After the chicken was cooked, I decided to make some parmesian, pine nut couscous.... great for soaking up the juice!


Sorry it is a bit blurry, but couscous doesnt have to be esthetically correct!  So, let me see....chicken thighs, couscous, edemames, and corn....a done deal!

There are certain recipes, as you know, that are very easy and end up being one of the most delicious meals you have ever had..... well, this is definitely one of them... I'm not sure if you used another part of the chicken, say the breast meat, that it would have come out as well....  it's totally up to you!  Hope you loved it as much as my fam did!










No comments:

Post a Comment