Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Soup Natzi for the night

I don't know about all of you, but after the beautiful weekend we had, it has decided to rain again.....Even though it isn't cold outside, it kind of felt like a soup night, and the recipe I am about to tell you about is quick, easy and I haven't found anyone who doesn't love it!  This night I only had a little time to get something going, plus I needed something that could get dipped into over the course of a couple of hours. So.....Chicken and wild rice soup it is.



I start out by cooking a package of wild rice.  Any brand will do.....I use Carolina wild rice.  While that is cooking, I cook up some onions in another pan.  Add cut up chicken, either white meat or thigh meat (thigh meat is more flavorful and doesn't tend to dry up).  When cooked, add 2 14.5-oz cans of chicken broth, a couple of cloves of garlic, 1/2 tsp dried tarragon, 1/4 tsp dried thyme, and 1 can of evaporated milk.

I throw the mushrooms in last because I don't like them to cook too much.  Add salt and pepper to taste, and thicken with a couple of tbs of white wine with a tbs or two of cornstarch mixed in.


I really hope you can try to make this sometime!  As you know, there are just some recipes that are keepers, and this one definitely is!



2 comments:

  1. Sounds delish....but then all your recipes sound yummy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are such a good friend! as my one and only follower, you have the weight on your shoulders!!!

      Delete