Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Another dinner in a pinch...

These last few days have been crazy busy with looming graduation.   Award nights up the ying yang!    So, last night was one of them!  I needed to make dinner for the kiddos who were staying at home.... so, I figured a one-pot pasta dish was in order....


Decided to raid the pantry and freezer.  Grabbed some frozen shrimp, a can of artichoke hearts, a couple of red peppers, a vidalia onion, a handful of carrots, fresh garlic, and basil, thyme, and crushed red peppers (my old stand-bys!).  Didn't cook the shrimp or artichokes because the heat of the cooked pasta would take the chill off... Was dying to add olives and mushrooms, but half of the crowd said no!  

When the pasta was cooked, I added diced tomatoes


Then I dumped in the rest of the ingredients in, as well as a ton of parm cheese.  This dish was screaming for fresh basil, but alas...I had none.


So, I hope you can get the gist of these one-pot meals.....ingredients that have great fresh flavor.  For me, sweet sausage would probably have been a better choice, but daughter #1 wanted shrimp!  Don't mind me...everyone loved it with the shrimp....I am just a picky chef!  ox



1 comment:

  1. you know I am always reading. Have to say though, I'm not fond of the process to leave a comment. you have to verify that you are a live person every time, really a pain!
    But keep the yummy stuff coming!!!

    ReplyDelete