Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Stuffed Chicken Thighs Wrapped in Bacon



I know, here we go again.  She's rolling and stuffing something else now!  I guess that is my signature style, but each time I try something new, it comes out delicious, so let me explain what I tried this time...

My stuffing consisted of the following:

1 small Vidalia onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
fresh parsley, chopped
a handful of pine nuts
1/3 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
a handful of Craisins
3-4 mushrooms
Salt and Pepper to taste

Begin by cooking the onions in a little olive oil.  When they become translucent, add the chopped garlic and cook for another 5 minutes.  Turn the heat down and throw in the mushrooms, Craisins and parsley.  Once everything has had a chance to heat through, turn off the heat and add the breadcrumbs and cheese.  That's all there is to it.  Set this aside and get the chicken thighs ready to stuff.







Lay out each thigh and using a meat mallet, gently try to flatten as much as you can.  Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. 






















Next place a slice of ham and muenster cheese on top.


















Lastly, a spoonful of the delicious stuffing...




















Roll them up, pressing any loose stuffing back into each end as you roll.  I had thought about cooking these in my cupcake pan to keep them rolled up, but I noticed I had bacon in the fridge and thought why not wrap these up with that.  Doesn't everything taste better when it has bacon on it?  So that's what I did...




I baked these in a 400 degree oven for about 20-30 minutes.  Then turned on the broiler just to crisp up the bacon.


Why were these so good?  It had to have been the combination of the ham, melted cheese and the seasonings in the stuffing....oh, and of course the bacon.  Needless to say, there were no left overs last night!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment