Search This Blog

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Rolled Stuffed Salmon Dinner with Roasted Green Beans

If you have been following me for a while, you know how much I love to stuff and roll things.....chicken, pork tenderloin, pasta.  Well, I had this huge salmon steak that I got at Costco  and normally I make a topping for it and under the broiler it goes.   This time, I wondered how it would work if I tried to stuff and roll individual salmon "steaks."   I hope you will try this one and let me know what you think.

Here is the list of ingredients you will need:

Pepperidge Farm stuffing
Onions
Celery
Fresh Parsley
Garlic
spinach
feta cheese
salt and pepper



When making any stuffing, remember you don't have to be exact on measurements.  It's more about how it looks and tastes that counts!  Begin by sautéing 2 ribs of celery, 3-4 cloves of garlic and half of a vidalia onion that have been chopped in a little olive oil.  When they are tender, turn off the heat and add in about 2 tbs. of fresh chopped parsley, and about 2 handfuls of spinach leaves, roughly chopped.

 


Set aside and prepare about 2 cups of Pepperidge Farm Stuffing, following the package directions.

Once that is done, fold in the onion mixture, along with about a cup of feta cheese.  Other than adding salt and pepper to taste, your stuffing is done.  


Now for getting the salmon ready to stuff.  Cut the salmon steak into 6 even pieces.  You will need to butterfly the thick part of the salmon steaks, so that they will cook evenly.

Once you have the salmon nice and flat, spoon some stuffing on the fish and roll up.  I like to use my cupcake pan to cook them in.  It keeps everything all together.  When you have them all done, brush the tops with olive oil and bake at 400 for about 15 minutes.  Keep an eye on them so that you don't over cook the salmon.  It is better to take them out a minute or two early, cover with foil, and let them finish cooking as they set.


These looked so delicious, and are simple to remove from the pan.  



The last step for me was to make a sauce to drizzle on top.  I wanted a white sauce that was a little lemony, so I started out by making a small batch of white sauce (2 tbs butter, 2 tbs of flour, create a paste and let cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, add either milk or chicken broth until you get the consistency you like).  At this point, I decide to add about 2 tbs of capers and a tablespoon of lemon juice.  Salt and pepper to taste and about a tsp of dill.
















Last but not least is the veggie.  In a 400 degree oven, roast some green beans that are tossed with olive oil and some salt and pepper.  They should take about 15 minutes, giving them a toss about half way through.  Remove from the oven and sprinkle with some shredded Parmesan cheese and French's Fried Onions.


Dinner is served!











No comments:

Post a Comment