Search This Blog

Sunday, February 2, 2014

My newest creation...Pork Tenderloin stuffed with potatoes!


As you can tell by looking at my blog, I love to make different renditions of stuffed pork tenderloin.  Most of them have a bread or breadcrumb base, so this time I really wanted to try something different.   I love serving pan-roasted potatoes with pork and thought why not put the potatoes in the pork instead of along side?  Read on and you'll see what a great idea this was!

My ingredients are:

2 Pork Tenderloins, butterflied and pounded out
5-6 New Potatoes
Kale
1 onion, chopped
approximately 2 cups roughly chopped mushrooms
Garlic
Fresh Thyme
Dill
Salt and pepper to taste
2 slices of Panchetta, diced and cooked

I begin to build my stuffing by cooking the potatoes.  You want to remove them from the water when they about ¾ cooked.  Run under cold water.  Dice them up and set aside in a bowl.  

Grab a fry pan and cook up the onion and garlic.  Add your chopped kale and continue cooking until the kale has wilted.  Sprinkle in about a teaspoon each of dill and thyme.  Once the stuffing is done, taste again in case you need to add more.



As each ingredient is finished cooking, combine in your bowl.  I add the mushrooms without cooking them.  Once you stuff and bake the tenderloin, the mushrooms will have cooked just enough.


While your stuffing is resting, you can prepare the pork.  Butterfly each tenderloin and pound flat.  Sprinkle with a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and place your stuffing down the middle.








Now the fun part.... roll up as best you can, trying to tuck all the stuffing in as you roll.  Use some cooking twine and tie it together.



Now brown the tenderloins in a nice hot fry pan so you can get that brown coating.  Place both tenderloins in a roasting pan and cook in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes.
I drizzled the tops with a little Caesar Dressing, but feel free to get creative.  You could make a sauce with a little olive oil, Dijon mustard, a splash of white wine and some tarragon and use that instead.  


Now, I like to serve my tenderloin while it is a little pink, but if you prefer it well done, let it stay in the oven for another 15 minutes or so. 



I roasted some haricot vert to have along with it.  So delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment