Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Simple and Curiously Delicious...Rice with Chicken, Sliced Almonds, and Cinnamon


This dinner is 100% flavors.  Do you know what I mean?  My kids ask me to make this every once in a while, and when I do, there are absolutely no leftovers!  Wait until you hear how simple it is to make!  Here's what you need:

Make 1 cup of your favorite rice (I used Basmati rice, following package directions)
1 package of boneless chicken thighs
roughly ¼ cup of slivered or sliced almonds
about 4 tbs of butter
cinnamon to taste
salt to taste


I begin by making my rice.   I always use chicken broth instead of water.  It gives so much more flavor.   

While the rice is cooking, I heat up a pan with a little butter.   When it is hot, I add the chicken thighs and cover.  After about 5 minutes, turn the chicken and cover.  Another 5 minutes is all you need.  Remove from the heat and shred, using two forks.  I like doing that as opposed to cutting the chicken into nice little cubes!  


Once all of the liquid is absorbed in the rice, add in your almonds and about a teaspoon of cinnamon. Add salt to taste, along with your butter.
  


Believe it or not, you are done!  All that's left is to roast your brussel sprouts.  Do this by cleaning them and cutting them in half.



Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and roast at 4oo degrees for about 10 minutes.  Stir and continue to roast for another 10 minutes, or until they begin to get some brown tinges.

As soon as you take them out of the oven, grate some lemon zest over them and add a healthy handful of shredded Parmesan cheese, along with a little salt and pepper.






Perfection.....the flavors of the sprouts with the lemon and cheese is to die for!



This whole dinner took about 40 minutes to make.  As I said in the beginning, the ingredients are so simple, but the seasoning is what makes this dinner delicious!  I would love to know what you think....






No comments:

Post a Comment