Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Braised Lambchops with Artichoke Hearts, Capers, Fresh Rosemary and Garlic




I usually grill these lamb chops, but our weather was not cooperating, so I thought I might try to braise them.  Can I just say it was a great decision and very easy.  

I began by coating the chops with a little salt, pepper and flour.  


Pour a little olive oil in a hot pan and brown on both sides.


Add some fresh chopped rosemary and garlic, and carefully add a cup of beef broth and ½ cup of white wine, trying not to knock off the herbs!




Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.

The last ingredients to add are cut up artichoke hearts, of course, about a tablespoon of capers (if you have them), and some sliced mushrooms.  



l like the sauce a little bit thick, so I mixed a small amount of cornstarch with some water and slowly poured it into the pan juice, stirring constantly.  It will thicken pretty quickly, so be careful not to use too much.  If the sauce gets too thick, you can add a little more beef broth.



I roasted some butternut squash and cooked up a batch of rice pilaf, and dinner was served.





No comments:

Post a Comment