Search This Blog

Monday, October 14, 2013

Gloria's Zucchini Bread


My best friend's mother used to make the best zucchini bread I have ever had, and was kind enough to share her recipe with me.   It is so easy and you get two loaves, which is even better!  Here are your ingredients:

Approximately 3 small zucchini (you need 2 1/2 cups shredded)
3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 1/2 cups sugar
3 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder



Begin by mixing the oil, sugar, and vanilla.  Add the eggs and mix well.  Next add the zucchini.  Once it is all blended, add your dry ingredients.



Grease and flour two loaf pans and pour in your batter.  I like to sprinkle some sugar on top.


Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.  Check to make sure they are done.  This time, mine needed another 5 minutes.

My assistant was thirsty....

My kitchen smelled so good as they were cooking.  


 Some day I might experiment and substitute grated carrots or maybe even sweet potatoes.....could be interesting!




No comments:

Post a Comment