Search This Blog

Friday, June 21, 2013

Yet another delicious chicken thigh recipe

 

Chicken thighs are quickly taking the place of chicken breasts in my kitchen these days.  Besides cooking quickly, they never dry out and have tons of flavor.  I also have been intrigued with how well maple syrup flavors certain foods such as scallops and chicken.  I have yet to try it on pork or beef, but I wouldn't be surprised if it worked well there too!

Start by heating your oven to 450 degrees.  The ingredients for the sauce are as follows:

1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1/3 cup spicy hone mustard (the pretzel dipping kind)
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp dried rosemary


Clean and dry the chicken and arrange in a roasting pan.  Add salt and pepper, and pour the sauce over them and pop into the oven for about 40 minutes.  That's it!  so easy



I found a large box of leftover rice I had made earlier in the week.....one of my favorites, Jasmine rice.  I had cooked it with chicken broth and added grated fresh ginger.  I decided to jazz it up a little by adding a little more chicken broth, some sliced almonds, and some cinnamon.  It probably doesn't sound good to you but trust me.....the flavor is delicious, especially with the maple-flavored chicken.









No comments:

Post a Comment