Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Stuffed Pork Tenderloin...again - leftover rice reborn


I have come to the conclusion that what I share with you are whole dinners as opposed to individual recipes, which probably makes it difficult to find something in particular, such as a vegetable or other side dish I cook along with the main portion of the meal.  Some day I will have to organize things a bit better!  Hang in there with me.....

So, once again, I create a different stuffing for my pork tenderloin dinner.  I seem to make this when I have leftovers in the fridge and want to use them up.  This time I found some Jasmine Ginger rice that I had made a few nights ago.  The flavor was so delicious, I really wanted to incorporate it into my stuffing.   So here goes.....


Chop some fresh parsley and basil
1/2 cup of pine nuts
1/2 Vidalia onion chopped and partially cooked
2 ribs of celery, chopped and cooked with the onion
1/4 cup Craisins
6-8 slices of ham, diced
a few handfuls of fresh spinach torn up
Salt and Pepper
about 1/2 cup of goat cheese (you don't really need to measure this - add as little or as much as you like)





 Add all of this to your left over rice, and your stuffing is ready to go.  You know the drill from here... butterfly your tenderloin and pound flat.



Place a fair amount of stuffing onto the pork and roll up.  Tie up with some cooking twine just to keep it together.


To keep them from drying out in the oven, I painted them with a little Vidalia Onion dressing I had.  You can basically use anything you want, but I would probably stay away from barbecue sauce, as it probably wouldn't taste good with this particular stuffing.  Now, into a 375 degree oven for about 40-45 minutes.  When the internal temperature of the meat, and not the stuffing, gets to about 137 degrees, remove the pork from the oven and cover with foil.  As it rests, it will reach 140+ degrees.  The pork should be just slightly pink and will be nice and moist.




Roasted broccoli was requested to accompany the pork.  Clean, cut and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  You need a hot oven for this, about 400 degrees, but watch out you don't let the broccoli get too brown... Should take about 10 minutes. When done, I add some grated Parmesan cheese.  Yum.

This was our dinner.  I'm trying to eat healthy with more meat and vegetables, and less rice, potatoes, or pasta.  I figured the small amount of rice in the stuffing was more than enough!


Believe it or not, a couple of slices of this in a sandwich the next day is delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment