Search This Blog

Monday, June 11, 2012

Let's see, how creative can I be on a Monday night???

Today is Monday.  We all know how difficult it is just to get through today, let alone figure out dinner!  So the positive things are:  a short commute to and from work, beautiful weather, feeling really good today, and grateful for everything I have.  What a combination!  So, after giving it a lot of thought, I decided that I really feel like eating chicken and want to make something different..... So I decide to use  potatoes, chicken, onion, spinach and artichoke hearts.  How, you say?? Well, stay tuned and I will enlighten you, as I always try to do!

I have a package of chicken thighs, and decide to de-bone them and cut into chunks.  Next is a marinade.....I look in the fridge and find some Caesar salad dressing.  For some reason, that sounds perfect to me so I douse the chicken in the dressing and add the amazing Ras el Hanout seasoning I got in Cincinnati at Colonel De's.  The smell alone screams to be used on chicken!   (If you didn't read my blog about Colonel De's,  send me a message and I will give you the contact info!  well worth it....)

 

While my chicken is getting all happy, I cook the potatoes and add the onions, olive oil and S&P...Once the potatoes are cooked, I turn down the heat and add fresh garlic, cut-up artichoke hearts,  and fresh spinach, hoping that the heat of the potatoes will cook the spinach just enough, but not too much!


 

I take the chicken out to cook it until it is nicely grilled....I get back to my favorite pan, add the chicken, and I now start tasting and adding more Ras al Hanout,  Caesar dressing and salt and pepper until I get the right amount of flavor.  The Ras seasoning gives this a great clove/cinnamon/ yummie flavor that just cannot be reproduced!  Lastly, I add some slivered almonds for a little crunch.  I have to tell you...this pan was overflowing and I really thought I had made way too much.  But when all was said and done, there were no left overs!


There is just something about the flavor of the seasonings from Colonel De's, the grilled  chicken, yummy seasoned potatoes, the lightly-cooked spinach, garlic, and the final touch of the artichoke hearts and almonds that made this delicious.  

I guess my advice to you is to never be afraid to try something.  Who knew the Caesar dressing would make a good marinade?   I do, because I tried it once a long time ago and found it to be delicious!  You won't know something is good until you try it!  What's the worst that could happen...it will just taste terrible and you will know never to do that again!  So far, I have been very lucky!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment