Search This Blog

Friday, May 9, 2014

Delicious Bolognese Sauce


A while ago, I went to a local pub and noticed they had Bolognese sauce on their special menu.  I called the waitress over and asked if it had lamb in it.  As soon as she said yes, I knew it was going to be delicious.    I swear lamb is what makes this sauce so delicious.  It was one of the best sauces I have had, so I asked the chef if he could give me the recipe, and he did!    I hope you will love it as much as I did....

Here are the ingredients:

2 lb ground lamb
1 lb ground beef
5 celery stalks, finely chopped
5 large carrots, finely chopped
1 large vidalia onion, finely chopped
2 cups of red wine
½ bunch of fresh thyme (the more, the better!)
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp crushed red pepper 
(this amount makes the sauce mildly spicy.  If you like it hot, add more!)
1 large can of crushed tomatoes

2 cups heavy cream
chicken stock if the sauce is too thick
Parmesan cheese





Begin by cooking the lamb and beef.  Drain off all but a little bit the fat and set the meat aside in a bowl.

















Using the same pan, cook the celery, carrots and onions until they are tender.  
















Pour in the wine and continue down the list of ingredients, up until the cream.  Simmer on medium for about 15 minutes.








Just before it is time to serve, add in the cream and Parmesan cheese.  If the sauce is too thick, feel free to pour in a bit of chicken stock.  I used about a cup of Parmesan cheese.  Taste to make sure there is enough thyme, salt and pepper.  When you get it right, you are good to go!


Yum!









No comments:

Post a Comment